Welcome!

We are Thomas and Taneyka Lammers :)
You might be wondering why we call ourselves "T-N-T"...
Well... It's because we are DY-no-MiTE! Enjoy!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

For all the new Mothers out there!

I'd like to take the time to 
share with all of you that read this,
my struggles with motherhood

Here's my story

When we first brought Alaiva home
I noticed a few things
First, motherhood is so.dang.hard.
I mean seriously!
I had just gone through major surgery
and was supposed to rest...
...with a newborn...
ha.

Secondly, I wasn't allowed to do anything
I mean NOTHING
for 6 whole weeks
no laundry
no dishes
no bending over
no lifting
or driving

The heaviest thing that I was allowed
to lift was Alaiva

I went crazy I tell you!
I felt suffocated,
trapped

My poor, poor husband put up with a lot
those few weeks
I mean A LOT



He had to do everything!
Cook,
Clean,
listen to me cry

Yeah, that's right...
I cried
a lot
in fact, it was every time he left the house
I was like a leaky faucet!

I'll be honest, most days I didn't even get out of bed
It was hard having
this little girl depend so much on me

She ate every 2 hours
so it felt like all I did was feed her
all day
(which meant that I wouldn't even get dressed...ugh)


It was during this time that I relied heavily
on the Gospel
I read scriptures, listened to talks and sang
to my sleeping little babe

It also helped that Thomas
made sure to get me out of the house.
Even if it was just to Walmart to walk around!
I felt less suffocated this way

I was determined not to let the baby blues get to me!
Slowly I went from taking showers and
getting ready for the day,
to cooking meals and
hanging out in the living room
instead of our bed
(It doesn't sound like much, but trust me, it was hard work!)



I write this because I want you to know
that if you are having similar problems,
you aren't alone!
And don't feel ashamed or
like you aren't a good mom!

Sometimes it seems like other
people just ease right into motherhood...
but trust me,
every one has adjustments at first!

Just remember:
Pray, read & sing
It saved my bacon!
It's all worth it :)
I mean, look at this face!

(5 Days Old)

Thanks for reading!
Hope it helped!






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment